Experience from Deep Learning techniques, eye tracking, Python? Or a fast learner? Want to be involved in cutting-edge AI and HCI research? Please consider this position which lasts for 1 year with 60% workload starting this spring! Application deadline: March 19 2021. Read more here.
Arezoo has received €40.000 to support research in the Augmented Attention project, specifically looking at Situation Recognition. Congratulations! More details soon.
Exploring the When, Why, and How of Invisible AI-driven HCI systems. Organized by several members of the group in collaboration with colleagues at Rochester Institute of Technology and University of Malta. Web site and call for papers to appear very soon.
What if future wearable systems would blend information and attentional cues into the perceived surrounding environment in a barely noticeable way, so as to not disturb ongoing thoughts and actions, yet influencing everyday microdecisions of the individual (or group)? MDPI Information open access journal. Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 Nov 2020. More info here.
Through the granted €20.000 BoostingHCI project 4 of our PhD students will get the opportunity to perform experiments in 2020/2021 at and in collaborations with the following distinguished Human-Computer Interaction labs at RIT:
For spring 2020 we propose more than 15 BSc or MSc thesis projects related to Augmented Reality, Digital Games Research, Situation Awareness (AI), Persuasive Technologies, Eye Tracking, and Interaction Design. Many of the the thesis proposals are tied to the Augmented Attention project. Examples:
- Storytelling techniques for influencing behaviour in everyday situations
- A player/object tracking system for a collaborative/competitive tabletop board game
- A Wizard-of-Oz tabletop gameplay tracking simulator app for Android or iOS
- A head-worn AR gaze guidance prototype for tabletop game
- Classification of game players based on behavior in an AR board game
- Interaction design of an AR tabletop game
- Human intention recognition in a smart environment
More info here.
- Player/object tracking system for a collaborative/competitive tabletop board game (EI01)
- Wizard-of-Oz tabletop gameplay tracking simulator app for Android or iOS mobile devices (EI02)
- Analysing gaze patterns during tabletop game (EI04)
- Intention (strategy) recognition in collaborative/competitive tabletop board game (EI06)
More info here.